Enhance and Advance Gold Seal Accreditation Program
The Early Learning Coalition of Orange County is sponsoring accreditation grants to assist licensed School Readiness funded providers with attaining Gold Seal accreditation. The grants are intended to increase the number of Gold Seal accredited child care centers in Orange County. Grants will be awarded to pay for accreditation application fees, associated membership fees and any supplies or materials necessary for accreditation.
The Harms Environment Rating Scales (ERS) system which includes the ECERS, ITERS and FCCRS, will be used to identify providers eligible for the Coalition sponsored accreditation program. All School Readiness funded providers scoring a 5 or higher in all subscales of the ECERS, ITERS or FCCRS will qualify for an accreditation grant. Eligible providers will receive a formal invitation to participate in the Coalition sponsored program.
Providers that are approved to participate in the program will be assigned a mentor who will provide assistance throughout the accreditation process. Grant recipients must participate in one monthly site visit with their mentor.
All applicants must adhere to the following procedures to be considered for reveiw for an accreditation grant:
- Attain an overall score of 5 or higher with no subscales lower than 4.0 on the ECERS, ITERS or FCCRS and receive an invitation to participate from the Coalition. A Provider Services Specialist will conduct an Accreditation Readiness Review and develop a plan if recommended.
- Complete and return the application to the Early Learning Coalition of Orange County indicating which Gold Seal Accrediting Agency they have chosen. Download application here
- Sign and adhere to the statement of understanding and agreement as specified below:
a. Apply for an accreditation package from the accreditation agency chosen within 30 days of acceptance;
b. Submit documentation regarding their accreditation process to the Coalition’s grant review committee, as requested;
c. Actively pursue Gold Seal accreditation through the agency indicated on application;
d. Complete the accreditation process according to timeframe set by accrediting agency or within two (2) years of making the initial application;
e. Submit verification of completion to the Early Learning Coalition of Orange County upon receipt of accreditation award.
f. Providers voluntarily withdrawing from the Accreditation Program, cancelling the Validation Visit or receiving a DCF Class I violation will be
terminated from the grant program.
Approved Gold Seal Accrediting Agencies:
- National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) www.naeyc.org
- National Early Childhood Program Accreditation (NECPA) www.necpa.net
- National Association for Family Child Care (NAFCC) www.nafcc.org
- National Accreditation Commission for Early Care and Education Programs (NAC) www.naccp.org
- National Association of Child Care Professionals (NACCP) www.naccp.org
- Accredited Professional Preschool Learning Environment (APPLE) www.faccp.org/apple.asp
- Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) www.acsi.org
- Association of Christian Teachers and Schools (ACTS) www.acts.ag.org/acts
- Montessori School Accreditation Commission (MSAC) www.montessori-msac.org
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) www.atlantahighered.org/resources/sas.asp
- Council on Accreditation (COA) www.coanet.org
- National Accreditation Council for Early Childhood Professional Personnel and Programs (NACECPPP) www.goldsealflorida.com
- National After School Association (NAA) www.naaweb.org
- United Methodist Association of Preschools Florida Chapter of UMAP www.umapfl.com