Early Learning Coalition of Orange County Associate of Arts Degree (AA) and Associate of Science Degree (AS)
The Early Learning Coalition of Orange County (ELCOC) AA/AS scholarship grant is intended to assist teachers employed by an Early Learning Coalition School Readiness funded child care program in Orange County, attain their Associate of Arts Degree (A.A), and Associate of Science (A.S.) Grants will be made available to eligible teachers and will pay for required textbooks and tuition.
I. Candidates who currently have a degree, regardless of major, are not eligible for the ELCOC Scholarship Grant.
II. Candidates are required to:
Submit a 600-750 word essay — The essay must be double-spaced and typed. The essay should describe your educational and career goals. Explain how the Early Education Studies will affect your future. Elaborate on the impact you believe education has had and will have on your life. *Make sure your essay is focused and on topic.
III. Candidates are required to (submit proof of the following):
- Be at least 18 years of age or older (copy of driver’s license)
- Submit copy of two out of the three following items: forms of proof of residency (i.e., FL. ID – must be active for the last 12 months; FL. voter registration card – at least 12 months old and/or FL. vehicle registration– at least 12 months old.
- Hold a high school diploma or GED (copy of diploma or GED certificate). If the diploma or certificate is not in English please submit a note along with it explaining what the certificate is for, i.e. – This is a HS Diploma I obtained from China.
- Submit copies of high school transcript and/or additional studies
- Be employed by an Early Learning Coalition School Readiness funded facility. Have at least one year of documented experience working with current employer, in addition to working with young children as indicated by letter of employment. Employees of registered family child care homes do not qualify for this grant.
- Have at least ONE year of documented experience working with current employer, in addition to working with young children as indicated by letter(s) of employment verification. Family child care providers must have TWO years of documented experience with the Family child care home business, in addition to working with young children as indicated by letter(s) of employment verification.
Have a minimum of 3 years of experience working with young children (as indicated by letters of verification or copy of resume)
- Submit 3 letters of recommendation: 2 professional references to include current employer and 1 personal.
- Completed DCF state mandated 40 hour training or 30 hours for Family Child Care, depending on program (copy of certificates).
- Submit a signed Associates of Arts candidate scholarship agreement
All applicants must adhere to the following procedures to be considered for the AA/AS scholarship:
- Attend a mandatory AA/AS Orientation given by a Specialist of the ELCOC. Orientations are held once a year at the Early Learning Coalition of Orange County building.
- Complete and submit a signed application along with all required documents and proof of eligibility requirements prior to funding to the Early Learning Coalition of Orange County.
Incomplete applications will be discarded
Successful Applicants will be notified in writing when scholarship determinations are made.
Contact Linda Santiago – c/o ELCOC P.O. Box 540387, Orlando, FL 32854-0387 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org