ELCOC Child Development Associate (CDA) Scholarship Offering
The Early Learning Coalition of Orange County (ELCOC) CDA grant is intended to assist teachers employed by an Early Learning Coalition School Readiness funded child care program in Orange County, regardless of where they reside attain their Child Development Associate (CDA) credential. Grants will be made available to eligible teachers and will pay for required textbooks and tuition.
Candidates are required to (submit proof of the following):
- Be at least 18 years of age or older (copy of driver’s license)
- Hold a high school diploma or GED (copy of diploma or GED certificate)
- Be employed by an Early Learning Coalition School Readiness funded facility. Have at least one year of documented experience working with current employer, in addition to working with young children as indicated by letter of employment. Family child care providers must be licensed by the Department of Children and Families (copy of license(s). Employees of registered family child care homes do not qualify for this grant
- Submit 3 letters of recommendation: 2 professional references to include current employer and 1 personal.
- Completed DCF state mandated 40 hour training or 30 hours for Family Child Care, depending on program (copy of certificates).
- Submit a signed candidate scholarship agreement, clearly indicating the CDA credentialing organization of your choice.
Candidates are required to:
Submit a 600-750 word essay — The essay must be double-spaced and typed. The essay should describe your educational and career goals. Explain how the Early Education Studies will affect your future. Elaborate on the impact you believe education has had and will have on your life. *Make sure your essay is focused and on topic.
All applicants must adhere to the following procedures to be considered for the CDA scholarship:
- Attend a mandatory CDA Orientation given by a Specialist of the ELCOC. Orientations are held once a year at the Early Learning Coalition of Orange County building.
- Complete and submit a signed application along with all required documents and proof of eligibility requirements prior to funding to the Early Learning Coalition of Orange County.
Incomplete applications will be discarded
Note: Applicants currently enrolled in CDA credentialing programs are NOT eligible for this scholarship
Contact Linda Santiago – c/o ELCOC P.O. Box 540387, Orlando, FL 32854-0387 or via email at email@example.com