Professional Development & Quality Programs
Flickr Photo Stream
Early Learning Coalition of Orange County
“Setting the Standards High for Birth to Five!”
The goal of the Early Learning Coalition’s Birth to Five Quality Enhancement Campaign is to ensure that the children of Orange County enter school ready to learn. To achieve this goal, we have implemented an array of support services available to all funded providers to assist with quality enhancements such as Gold Seal accreditation of early education facilities; free curriculum training; extensive professional development training including CDA scholarship offerings. We are confident that these quality initiatives provide our funded providers with the support services necessary to provide a healthy, safe and developmentally appropriate environment for the children they serve.
- Ensure that all funded providers deliver high quality early care and education programs to the children and families of Orange County.
- Create seamless access to training and onsite support services to ensure that all providers funded have the tools necessary to meet the minimum quality standards set by the Coalition.
Research shows that increased quality care requires trained teachers with a higher level of education. As teachers begin moving forward on their career path, the Coalition supports their efforts by providing a variety of professional development opportunities.
Quality Initiatives & Support Services
- LAP-D Pre & Post Assessments
- Program Evaluations & Technical Assistance
- Quality Rating Improvement System (QRIS)
- Curriculum Training
- Child Development Associate (CDA) and AA (Associate of Arts) and AS (Associate of Science) Scholarships
- Child Assessment Pilot
- Inclusion & Behavioral Training and Support