According to Feeding America, studies have shown that babies and toddlers from birth to five years of age need a reliable source of nutritious food to support healthy development, so they are able to enter school ready to learn.
Five to Thrive
Ensuring our babies and toddlers will thrive in life, strive in school and have a lifelong drive to succeed! Please consider donating:
- Powdered infant milk or soy-based formulas (WIC-approved preferred)
- Baby cereal
- Baby fruits (single-ingredient preferred)
- Baby vegetables (single-ingredient preferred)
- Baby meats (no meat sticks)
- Shelf-stable white whole milk for 1 year-olds — Shelf-stable 1% (low fat) or skim milk for 2-year olds and up — Shelf-stable soy milk
- Canned fruits, preferable packed in juice with no added sugar
- Canned vegetables, preferably low sodium or no salt added
- Canned beans, such as black, red, pink, pinto beans, black-eyed peas, pigeon peas, garbanzos
- Shelf-stable foods, designed for toddlers such as Stage 3, Graduates, etc.
How Can I Help? BOGO!
“Buy One, Give One” — Support community food drives with attention to the special needs of babies and toddlers. When you shop at the grocery store, please give one item to your neighborhood food pantries or food banks.Local Food Pantries and Food Banks